Friday, January 30, 2009

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

So you probably read the title of my blog and thought that I was gonna talk about womens suffrage or talk about girls having fun. Those things are fine and dandy, but really do not pertain. The truth is, I HATE THAT SONG! Today I was doing dishes, and that song came on and I wanted someone to hit me in the head with a bat in order for it to end. I dont even care if the bat that hit me in the head was made out of Miley Cyrus songs, It would have been better than having to endure such metaphysical terror. 
I am constantly annoyed by this. The station that my work is called K100 WKAI, and I will tell you that this station is exponentially shitty. Yeah I said shit, because thats what it is. Words like poo and crap are not nearly severe enough. But K100 WKAI's motto is "Today's Best Music." I have never gone farther from the truth in my life. I hear 2 Nickelback songs a night at least, I've been hearing that "keep bleedin" song for like 6 months, they are constantly playing washed up greenday songs that werent even good in the first place.
When there is so much phenomenal music in the world. Why limit your radio station to just a playlist of 120 songs or so it seems. Some days I hear the same song twice or three times. Its usually not a good song. I would bet money that more people hate k100 than like it. 
Ill admit Im a music snob, I really am. But shouldn't the DJs be too? I mean what are they donig for the future of music? Isnt it their job to play good music?
Wait, what? Its about the money?
Figures.

Listening: Godspeed! You Black Emporer/ Save Ferris

Future Topics:
Doing Dishes
Miley Cyrus
Thinking
What to do about FLAT TIRES
What to do about Whattodoabout.com

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I quite enjoyed this post Sam.
    And to answer your question, I work at a cafe/coffeehouse haha.
    I don't want to name it because i don't want the weirdos on blogspot to stalk me. LOL. but it's in my hometown. about 5 minutes away.
    where do you work?

    ReplyDelete